Leg One

Germany, so lush and so green.full of storybook houses and quaint villages. Few places ever look close to what you expect. Germany manages to do this with the regularity of  a machine.  Trip details such as location and time of day are in the photo details feel free to explore. I used a GPS Logger so there should be no mystery to where most of the pictures on any of vacations are. The Majority of these shots took place in Rothenburg ob de Tauber and Munchen This should aid you to understanding exactly what your looking at.  I wish that I could spend time with each and every person and tell them the story behind the places alas but our time is limited.

Some thoughts around the style of photography  I am trying to produce. Typically in my photos you will  not see me. Why is that? Because when I am on vacation except for those moments in the morning and quick pit stops to the bathroom I don't see me.  What I am hoping that you can see is the world as I see it. So what does that mean. It means there are all kinds of people wandering in and out of the scene.  It also means that you spend a period of time looking at food and drink because I find it helpful to  really enjoy the things I consume  on my journey.  It also means your going to see panoramic vistas,castles and quiet streets because these things capture my attention.

I really have very little time for standing in front of a monument to say see that is me standing in front of something important. What I want to encourage you to do is to look,see and observe the things that I saw that I thought were worth remembering  That could be the way an old woman crossed the street or the way a child laughed. Don't look at the pictures as an attempt to capture Europe for the ages as much as a slice of time on a quiet autumn vacation of a traveler who happened this way. Enjoy

My pictures here are for you to enjoy, If you wish to share them please forward the link to the site, please don't republish through Instagram or something like that.. Oh yes there is a little plus one at the bottom of the page if you look at them full size slide show which I think is the best way to see them. If you click on the plus one it tells me which pictures were the most interesting so I can  do a better job editing.  Thanks for looking oh yes click here.

Comments

Popular Posts