Shapes and Light

 This blog is really documenting a  journey.  It is so important to be able to look at what you have done and what your doing and what you hope to accomplish.  This allows  you to understand if that movement is off balance or  necessary if your going to reach the next level of improvement.  This particular composition was taken in front of the LA County Museum of  Art (LACMA) at the beginning of the year. The choice was to move this to Black and White was to reduce the distractions from the image and bring the picture into a clearer focus.  The subject was the abstract nature of lights in front of the museum. I think the subject in and of itself is  strong enough. However the real question is the execution of the shot.  I believe the crop and the  exposure of the shot are right on, and I believe  that is the only thing that saves the picture.

 However where I think this picture starts to have its struggles is in the post production. I specifically have tried to stay away from the add on separate purchases of post production outside of Lightroom and Photoshop specifically so that I can understand how to use these tools effectively to craft my vision.  I think  some add -ons such as Silver Efx  and its ilk would have made this a much easier job.  However I want to master the processes before I get something to aid me in using them.  While the year has seen me do more post prod  than I have ever done and I think I am doing a much better job with them. I think in the end this shot comes up a little short.   I might take a year or so and reedit and see how it looks then.... Your comments and feedback are of course welcomed.

Comments

Popular Posts