Taking Pictures of the Sunset

I don't care how many pictures you have in your bag. if there is a gorgeous sunset out  we are reaching for our camera. I know there is no shortage of gorgeous captures. But I click like a silly school girl when I see one.  The main shot here is using one of my favorite techniques of  reducing the foreground to interesting shapes  that draw an interesting foreground to the pretty colorful sunset background.
The idea of taking a picture of someone taking a picture just begged me to take it.

There is usually a ongoing argument of how to take sunset. deep and rich but dark... or lighter and brighter but with the foreground visible. Typically I go for the dark choice but with the proper use of flash the second goal can be accomplished quite nicely.
Literally I have hundreds if not thousands of sunsets in my collections but here are a few.. Please feel free to share some of your favorites.

Comments

Popular Posts