Feeling the burn

No I have not taken up competitive bodybuilding.  But the term is totally  applicable. Its helps describe the zone of when you have put the day's concerns behind and dedicated your attention and efforts in a way that exerts you to a point in which there is where you can feel your pushing your limits. It implies this is not a moment but rather a continuous feeling that comes from strenuous effort.  And while this is something that might not seem pleasant. its entirely where you want to be.  It means your  leaving behind  your safety zone.. It means your stretching your horizons to new places.  More importantly its a new platform on which you can perform.

Its hard saying when I first noticed it. But its good. I've gotten asked about paid work before. I have been asked if I do prints before. I have been asked  to share things before. But there is a distinctly different quality to it now. Maybe  because its no longer just friends who are doing the asking. Maybe because the majority of likes are no longer from people you know in your personal life.

Does this mean I'm there? That I am content? That I no longer need to practice? Far from it.  I am more aware of my shortcomings, I see the problems as soon as I compose. But this no longer prevents me from feeling good. From exercising my abilities in a way that emphasizes what I feel  are my strong points. One funny thing I have noticed is that  when people ask me what I like to take pictures of its a harder question. Which is funny because earlier I was so clear.

Its a feeling of strength and and power that just wants you to push harder. And reach deeper int your bag. The only thing that I can ascribe this to this recent surge is the decisions to prune away things that are not core. In furtherance of this it means I will limit the subjects I shoot also. Why?

 Its necessary to do less so that you can do more. Because the burn feels good.

Comments

Popular Posts