Shooting Food

Food photography  has got to be one of my favorite things to look at.  Its a discipline in own right right up there with Architectural, Sports and Travel. Its got its own lens preferences and its own  rules. Not that basic rules of taking pictures of Food is somehow outside the rules pf photography but  its definitively got a bent  that favors some really good notions about what hte final product will look like. Needless to say I know none of them so I just shoot what I see.
 The results as you can see are at best mixed.  I like to color and angle but does it really say enough, Im missing something. I think this is one thing that I really need to spend some time working on. I say this becuase so many times particularly when I travel you want people to really see what your enjoying.  However without a good understanding of what your doing it comes off  as very dull.

This was a picture that was taken at a BBQ and I just wanted you to really get a idea of the amount of food there was  and hopefully this gives you some insight into that.  However there is a lot of smoke int eh air and that clouds up the picture a bit. Which frustrates me because part of what I wanted to capture is  that smell wafting through the air.

Comments

Popular Posts