Finding inspiration in the ordinary.

I think one of the chief challenges that we all face is the ability to keep pushing ourselves and building on the things that we have learned in a fashion that is both interesting and moving us forward to higher and higher levels.  I think that 365 Projects  really force you in this direction in a way that is both difficult and  rewarding. To be able to consistently come up with new shots on a daily basis that are not just shots of the alarm clock as you crash into bed  can be very frustrating. I personally have felt very fustrated time doing this as I have stopped and restarted my 365 on many occasions. and  I plan on restarting in the short future.

 There are just so many hours in the day and  I have this huge backlog that gets further suffocated with the 365 going on. I will be  making some attempt at keeping it up but the real focus is the get the back catalog out and then freed up I can focus.....

 However the one thing the Project 365 does move  you  to do is to  take a second look at your surrounding and reevaluate them with a  photographic eye.  This is really tough as  unfortunately as much as I like to think I am always on...  its a real effort.

However there are steps you can take... Get close to the object. Try a new lens on it. See it  in the daytime, twilight, and the starlight are all steps to help you "re visualize" the object. Have you tried blending it in to the background. How about making it stand out. How would it look wet. I don;t think that all these things apply to all pictures but its helpful to work through some exercises with your camera so that when you get the opportunity out in the wild. You  are not racking your brain  or taking the "easy" but most likely boring shot.

 Happy Hunting...


Comments

Popular Posts