Shut up and shoot!

There is the concept, the production, the post production, and display of your work.  It sometimes feels like you have so much work to do between imagining a thought and sharing your work with others that the actual click of the camera becomes more of a dream than a reality. I find that as I try to take my photography to another level I am doing more time observing the works of others in order to understand what works in a shot and what doesn't. This is all with the stated goal of producing a better picture.

You can study the strokes of masters and you can practice on your bed but your not a swimmer till you get in the water. Photography is the same.  There is a lot to gain from introspection and from picking apart your previous work as well as the works of the greats. But the lessons are only partially learned by study you have to practice them. Practice will move the memory from the theoretical to the reality

 I was out shooting yesterday and a very good professional and we were  talking about the light and the difficulties and getting recognized online. Then at one point he looks and me and said "shut up and shoot" and that is what I am encouraging us all to do.

Comments

Popular Posts