Being Deliberate

 Often times I have been encourage to "just take the shot". Its one of the problems with working with your friends as models. They do not see the need to take your time and make sure setting are correct.  Understanding that you as the photographer need to do your best to have things ready before they even begin to pose you still need time to adjust and make sure things are right.
 This is a process of being deliberate. In the end of the day we have the choice of when to push down that shutter or even if we are going to push it. So it behooves us to  think carefully before shooting. I have let myself to often succumb to the problem of  rushing to the click. Note this thought I read on another blog."At the end of the day, for me, the difference between a “lucky snapshot” and a true photograph is the intent of the individual holding the camera". This year  I want to focus on being more deliberate, slowing down and making sure that my capture is where I want it to be.  I refuse to be modeled into pushing myself to move faster than I am able to capture the shot the way that I envision it and not a cheap imitation.
 This means ensuring my models or the people involved are given the right instructions on what to do.
 This does not mean taking more time it means being more int he moment and not being easily distracted. Hopefully this will be evident int he choices I make also in the post production when your are sharpening the blade as it were to land the viewer.

Comments

Popular Posts