The final leg of the journey- Yes it is done!

 Whew.... finally the  last leg of the journey has come to a conclusion.  It was a gargantuan task  collating  and  filtering through the  shots. Post processing  made my eyes  cross and uncross.  The total number of pictures I took in France exceeds the number of pictures I took on my first trip alone.  I always go through this weird  fight of trying to decide do I take  shots sheerly to document the place for my memory or do I  only take those shots that truly move me. The advent of the digital camera and the wonders of  ever increasing storage have allowed me to diddle with this decision for far too long.  Time is the finite resource which  has made me reconsider my stance and resolve to reduce the total number of captures to something more approaching what I can realistically handle....

However the trip is complete. From the walls of Rothenburg ob de Tauber  through Munich  I bounced down over the bridges of Ljubljana and pretty Lake Bled. From there my journey took me to the ancient rooftop in the Austrian alps  to fair sophisticated Vienna, Austria. The final lap of my tour which is almost as long as the other places combined was in the Provence region of France, with its  amazing depths of food culture and delicious wines to the city of fair Paris with its charming towers and intimate cafes. A trip  that pushed me photographically as I strove on this trip to focus on reflections. So I believe it broadened my skill set. Of course I am made aware of my failings as a photographer and  really the need to bring my post production workflow up to task.  Thank you for accompanying me on this journey and  your encouragement pushes me to excel at a higher level the next go round. Click here to see!

Comments

Popular Posts