Picking up the pace

We referred to the start of the photography  as a creative business venture in an earlier post. We have picked up speed  by photographically documenting a wedding  this past weekend. The third wedding this year plus an event and upcoming senior portrait.  Very exciting. I  had an assistant come out and help with the  shoot. which was a new experience.  We prepped all week long.  had a backup of  everything including bodies, batteries, flash cards....) did anything go wrong... oh yeah. Flashes didn't fire,  Bodies displayed error messages, time got constrained. In other words we had challenges.

This is where all the experience we had  in the past  come to the fore.  You  flex and  you stretch and you make things happen.  The better you know your equipment the more comfortable you are making a big change right there on the spot.  Practice, practice, practice  are what gives you the juice to know you can  still pull the job off.

Are there things I would do  differently, absolutely. But I had a huge amount of fun and I  feel confident about doing a bit more the next time. I know I can do it because I decided  I want to pick up the pace. Check out the Google+ Sparkling Drops Photography Page or the Facebook Page if you want to see more of them.

Comments

Popular Posts