The Great Greenwood

I made my way here because while I had spent quite a bit of time doing Castles  and Museums  I desired to see something  more natural. This place being the  first of my journeys out of the country it  seemed like a natural fit.  My memories were of a great green place that had modern and  natural touches blended and yet each holding its  own.  It did not disappoint. Although having been to BC on several occasions  I had never made the ferry journey across to Victoria and its  World Famous Gardens.

Such a pleasant way and the hospitable Canadians made me remember my long ago dreams of this place. One of my favorite photographers whose method  I drool over his approach to the craft. He calls this particular slice of Canada home. Its funny because   he otherwise states he finds nothing interesting to shoot at home. While this place so obviously  feels like at the top of charts, most urbanites and wildlife lovers would wonder   how come you ever need to leave. It highlights an important thing to remember that home can sometimes seem boring or interesting  no matter what the reality is. We just need to see it with fresh eyes to understand that no matter how many years haven't  seen all its wonders.

This place also has a emotional touchstone for me because  once I returned home  and I raved about how wonderful it was. There was a flicker of a moment when I thought maybe I would return here on a much more long term basis. However  those hopes were soon dashed and so its a little bitter looking back.

Had a great time shooting here I hope you enjoy some of the shots I selected to show. No doubt they will be popping up in other social media on my stream so here is an early glance.

Comments

Popular Posts