Click

With one short movement a moment begins the journey to be taken from a forgotten moment to something that could easily be shuffled away in our mind. Transformed in a moment from an upside down image on a cornea to something that can be showcased all around the world for all to see and  become part of their memory.  The ease of the transformation makes  it understandable why we do it so often. The rise of the digitalization has only removed further barriers from being able to share our encapsulated moment.  But do  all these captured moments mean we savour them more, or does it make them worthless?


These questions are too big for this journal today. I know that I have written and shared many pictures. I can't say the world is better or even my life is better for having shared them. To be honest I have pushed the button too often to  recall. Most of the pictures I have thought were wonderful worlds of stories barely registeered for most folks and besides my own hubris did they even matter to me?????

However there is something more. These moments weren't captured just to be recalled, they were part of something bigger.   They were part of a dream that life could be shared. That somehow by showing something to yourself or to someone else, it somehow validated the moment.  Wheater it be tears or in laughs  there was a deep desire to connect.  Why do we need to connect? Why is it  important to ask this queston?   Again this is too big a question for this journal. What I choose to do is to share my journey with those people who care to follow. I don't  know if you think the pictures are crap or if you think they are gold. In the end its my journey and some people don't belong on this path, so  make your choice.

Comments

Popular Posts