People Pics

Well I've avoided two main things for all this time that I have been throwing my pics against the wall and seeing if they stick and it looks like this is the year to just dive in. People pictures to me are some of the most intriguing but I find one of the most difficult things to master. I think a large amount of the trouble has been finding people willing to let you try  and then try again and then try some more until you get the shot right. Unlike my favorite pooch shots they actually have a say in how they want to appear and that is sometimes in conflict with what I think might be best. Not to say  I am right but it just is. What I am trying to avoid is the  standard everybody look at the camera and smile. Nor am I looking for a over stylized and photo shopped liquid skin pristine model.

 I would say more accurately I know better what I don;t want thean what I do want. I am going to make a go of it, we shall see how it goes.  I am looking at someone's ebook and while I like the "look" of street photography I do think putting up a picture of someone without there knowledge and letting the world see there face is perhaps not really respecting people's privacy.  I do however think its OK to take unguarded photos and as long as you clear it with them post them. The one notable exception in my book is when what they are doing  there is a certain expectation that they will be photographed (Performers, people in the parade ...)  These are my rules and I can't say they are more right than anyone else's however you have to setup some sort of guidelines.

 This picture I have some issues with primarily around softness and the fact that her eyes are not centered. However  I am new to the craft so I will call it a rookie error. However I love her "look" and I think the tattoo has a nice visual mass to move your eyes around the picture.

The other thing I need to work on is Flash... but that is another post.

Comments

Popular Posts