Relaxing on vacation

Even when I am "off" time I am thinking photographically. I am undecided if this is a a good or a bad thing. But photography is a passion and I am always looking to capture a moment. Maybe that is what it really comes down to. The ability to  somehow encapsulate that moment with all its heady feelings into a two dimensional space. I find the best way to do that typically is not the pictures that "show a lot but those that reduce it down to something real simple.

However how do you make that into a postcard that  you let people in on.... Oh well here is the postcard shot from Catalina Island. Not quite a "Vacation" but a day to relax none the less.  A chance to kick off the shoes and just feel a quiet smile creep across the face.

True enough this picture doesn't even propose to capture all that, but it does show you a place... which maybe clues you into an adventure just off frame...

Comments

Popular Posts